FactoryTalk View SE Missing Placeholders

Matt1234

Hi everyone,

Could really use some assistance here.

Using FactoryTalk Viewe SE 6.00 (CPR9 SR 3) in Windows XP mode (32-bit, Service Pack 3).

It's a completely new XP mode install, nothing installed other than FactoryTalk following the step-by-step procedures from Rockwell (refer KB 55703). Have checked out Rockwells recommendations regarding XP mode as well, should all be fine.

I've restored the application as per the KB above, but when I go to the global objects none of them have any tag placeholders defined i.e. they don't have any Global Object Parameter Definitions.

When I go to a display and right click a global object, the Global Object Parameter Definitions option is greyed out (presumably because none are defined). Clicking on Tag Substitutions all of the correct tags are in there.

Is anyone aware of anything that would cause the loss of global object parameter definitions on backup or restore???

I'm confirming with site that they do in fact use tag placeholders, but given what I've seen I'm 99% confident that they do and something is going wrong in the process of restoring the application on my laptop.

Thanks,

Matt