Download DB with strings in Simatic issue after snapshot

userxyz

Hi,

I had a really weird problem today.
I took a snapshot of a DB where I have strings.
Opening the DB in online and save = snapshot.

After testing I realoaded the DB to recover the production data.

The weird part:
In the array of strings all empty strings were changed in a way.
When we monitor, they are empty ''.
But when we look into the chars we have '0' for each char, wich means 48 decimal.
There is code that evaluates these bytes decimally, so if they are not zero something happens.

The start value is '00000' for each string...
Actual value was was ''

But it's kinda werid, taking a snapshot, then download it and the strings are changed.... ?

Anyone recognizes this problem ?

Kind regards,
C

Last edited: