Diferential voltage input to single voltage input

Marinbnm

Hi there!

There are some inverters or plc's with diferential voltage inputs. In manual says, of used as single just short - in to 0V. And it works........few days ago i used pepperl+fuchs ultrasonic sensor, ub series with 0-10V output and sometimes when powering on machine sensor is not working until power recycled or i just plugg off/on sensor connector. Anyway sensor is ok, but than i checked that output minimum load should be 1kohm......and in case i have diferential input with signal connected to +in, and 0V to - in i have virtualy shorted it to gnd.......and also (since that input can be set as current, voltage, thermistor etc) probably due to input is configuring itself while inverter is booting, than it probably overload sensor and sensor goes to sage šta te and powers off. So i was think on old fashio like adding 1kohm resistor in series with input, but don't know how much it will afect reading, even i can trim that out. Or adding small OPA633 which is analog buffer used in many voltage drive outputs. Did you ever had similar issue and how you pass on it?