Deleting local tags...

nikonrick79

Hello: Richard here, new to the group. We are learning Studio 5000 in my advance PLC class at school, but greatly limited by not being able to attend classes due to COVID-19. I've created a complex logic diagram in Studio 5000, and wound up with several local tags I do not need. How do you delete these. If I right click on the box next to the tag name, both CUT and DELETE are greyed out. So, how do you delete unneeded local tags? Thanks....

Welcome to the forum, what you do is use the forum search, then you would know the answer and not have to wait for someone to reply (even sarcastically), because all the basic questions have been asked before. Mind you it would have been quicker to answer your question, but were is the fun in that.

Last edited:
Ahh come on PLCnovice, be nice :)

You are most likely in the "monitor tags" window, you need to be in the "edit tags" window. Look at the very bottom of the window, you should see the 2 tabs.

OK l will put on my nice hat, how about have you removed the tag from the ladder code/ or what ever language you are using. They need to be unused to enable deleting

I should have left my nice hat off, or read the post better, or new what l was talking about.
Not that he said he was offline, but l imagine he doesn't have a 5000 series PLC at home.

I should have left my nice hat off, or read the post better, or new what l was talking about

Haha, I make plenty of mistakes on here where I either didn't read everything, didn't comprehend or didn't know what I was talking about :)

There are some subjects here that come up often enough where users recommend searching because it always comes up. Take flip-flop for example, I've never actually done the search (out of laziness) but I imagined that when a user actually searched for flip-flop, they'd find thread after thread saying "this comes up all the time, just search for flip-flop dummy!".

edit: It is still possible you are right PLCnovice, We both are making an assumption here. Either case, the answer should be in this thread.

After my first post, l thought l better have a look in search myself and NOTHING came up, whoops!
Then l asked it a different way and then only got 3 posts, Whoops!
But the probable answer is most likely in those posts, dependent on what he has or hasn't tried.
Flip Flop search, that is another matter altogether 12 Pages!