DataMan DM280 and CompactLogix 5380

Pilionis

:sick:

Hi, I am looking for a little bit of help :

I have Cognex DM 280 barcode reader connected through ethernet to CompactLogix 5380 and managed to add the device when it scans I can see some numbers, but how determine what is what, each of my codes represents color? I was looking for Cognex DM280 add-on instructions for Allen-Bradley, but can't find anything.
Has anyone experienced this before and know what is the best approach?

Paul
DAtaMan.png

I've used DM260 AOI/EDS instead and it works.
This is a workaround that Cognex suggested, they were not sure if they will ever release anything similar for 280 model.

:sick:

Hi, I am looking for a little bit of help :

I have Cognex DM 280 barcode reader connected through ethernet to CompactLogix 5380 and managed to add the device when it scans I can see some numbers, but how determine what is what, each of my codes represents color? I was looking for Cognex DM280 add-on instructions for Allen-Bradley, but can't find anything.
Has anyone experienced this before and know what is the best approach?

Paul
View attachment 65907
Hi, how did you make it work ? I am not getting EDS for DM280.