DATA (SMS/EMAIL) over GSM modems

valuetech

There is a Cellular company, requiring to send data (event triggered) to a single Monitoring station from thier several hundred Signal towers in the City.

I could use a PLC+modem+Cell. SIM to do so which would be quite expensive considering they may have more than one Tower operating even within the single kilometer.

Though it may not make a different, but to prove my point (cost effectiveness, vs. criticalness of DATA passed) The type of data they require would be somthing like,

Utility power OFF (lights out!) - TIME
Generator ON -TIME
GENERATOR OFF - TIME
UTILITY power available - TIME
GENERATOR fault 1, 2, 3, etc - TYPE and TIME
Generator maintenace due - TIME/DATA

as can be seen the data is not that time critical but important in the long run.

I was looking for a solution, perhaps one that has been designed for this type of application, and ofcourse more economical than a PLC+MODEM+PROGRAMMING cost.

all comments are welcome. Feel free to ask