Creating a setpoint for a pressure transmitter in studio 5000.

tgonz11

Hello, I am fairly new in the field and I am having trouble creating a set point for a pressure transmitter in Studio5000. My question is, how exactly do you write to the transmitter and tell it that you want a certain value to be maintained. I obviously will have a reading coming in from the device, I'm just not sure where I would send the command to change the set point. (I am using an IFM "PI2794" with IOlink.) Thanks in advance for the input.

Last edited:
I'm not an IO Link expert but I think you will find what you are looking for in here:

https://www.ifm.com/download/files/_ifm-000100-20140130-IODD101-en/$file/_ifm-000100-20140130-IODD101-en.pdf

It looks like the value you are looking for is at index 70. I'm not sure how you trigger that data down to the sensor.

Keith

a set point for a pressure transmitter, <snip? a certain value to be maintained.
The device is transmitter with an alarm output. The switching alarm output could conceivably used as a stand-alone on-off controller driving a solenoid valve to achieve a pressure value within the plus/minus hysteresis of an on-off control loop.

What are you using the 4-20mA pressure signal for?

The transmitter only gives you a pressure reading. You can not control the pressure with the transmitter. You need the valve of the pressure and make a logic in your plc to open/close valve to cause a change in the pressure.

Are talking about the setpoint for an alarm output