Controllogix addressing

GCBAutomation

Hi... dumb question: if I scale an analog input in the module properties, do I need to create a new tag or can I just use the controller tag for that module input... thanks...

In general, you just use the ordinary Input data tag, since it contains the scaled result value you want.

Another common technique is to make a tag with a purpose-specific name, and make it an Alias to the Input data tag.

That way in the rest of your program you can reference "SandPounder_Thrust_Bearing_Temp" instead of Local:1:Input.Data[0].

Or, aside from an alias as above, dedicate a specific routine just to scanning inputs, and copy the tag to an internal value.

I find this the best, as for testing, even without IO, you can just not scan that input routine, and manually set all values however you like.