Com Profibus V5.1

Jason Lee

Dear All,
How can i go online using Com Profibus V5.1
Which particular cable do i need?
and what is the Procedures to go online?
When i try to go online
File>>>Import>>>DP Master
it detected the braud rate, but after some time it says Station is Switched off etc.
i don't understand Why?
I use ComProfibus V5.1 SP2 HF3
and Windows Xp
Cable: CP5512 and MPI Cable
PG PC Interface is set to Com Profibus

I also tried with Simatic M2 PG with built in CP Card but same problem.

If anyone has any idea about this please reply,
i also need a Com Profibus Software Manual

Thanks

I would normally use a short piece of profibus cable but MPI uses the same connections so it should work.

There are two variants of the IM308. The IM308-B uses an orange EPROM and I'm not sure whether can read from it via the profibus interface. The IM308-C uses a flash card and you can definitely read the config via the profibus port but only if it has a configuration in it. if you have a flash card without a configuration in it then you will need to use a Siemens programming device to put a configuration on to the card before you can communicate with it.

Nick