Cognex Insight communication through EL6652 Beckhoff

nightline

Gents,

We have the following configuration: A Beckhoff PLC with EthercatMaster > EK1100 with a EL6652 EthernetIP Master.
Plan is to communicate with a Cognex Insight 7000 series camera.

I've configured everything, but don't get an active communication.
The diagnostic page of the EL6652 shows 0x8003 (Configuration error: 0x%X, 0x%X, 0x%X ) and 0x8004 (%s: Unsuccessful FwdOpen-Response received from %d.%d.%d.%d (%s) (Error: %u) ) messages.
But the stupid thing from Beckhoff is that there is no place where you can find how to solve the issue.

Can someone give some dirrection where to look, what to check?

It is a new configuration, so it hasn't worked before...

Thanks in advance!

L33er,

Your question solved the issue....
I had to create a test set-up om my desk to be able to create screeshots. Therefore I had to create the IO configuration again, and at the selection of the neede EDS file, I found out that there is a 7000 series EDS files which we used in the previous setup. Now I found an 7900 - 7500 EDS file as well, and with this EDS file, the communication is working.

So thankyou for your question!

Jack