Changing IP address of Powerflex 40

LupoTB

Hello All,

I installed a new comm card into a Powerflex 40 last week. Bootp didn't work on Windows 7 (as the forum showed) but I got it to work with an XP machine. Now I need to change the address I assigned the card. BootP will not let me. It's acting like it was a one shot deal. I can't Enable or Disable BootP or DHCP.
The card works fine in the system (1756-L63), but I really need to change that address. Any ideas?

Cycling power will not return the drive/comm module at shelf state; you will not be able to use BOOTP for re-addressing once a static address had been configured.
If you do not have an installed HIM module you will need to use software communications in order to change the IP Address of the EtherNet/IP communications adapter.
DriveExplorer/DriveExecutive or Connected Components Workbench (CCW) will connect to PF40 series VFDs.
You should seriously consider installing a 22-HIM; it does not cost much and it will allow you to configure the drive without the use of additional software.