CCW Micro870 - Modbus Communication

pml_28

Hello everyone,

I am trying to send/receive Modbus messages between two Micro870 PLCs using RS485 and 2x2080-SERIALISOL plug-in modules.

PLC1 - Hardware Settings
Baud Rate: 19200/Parity: None/Modbus Role: Master
Message Configuration:
Channel: 5 (installed in slot 1)
Trgger Type: 1
cmd: 3
ElementCnt: 16
Target Addr: 1
Target node: 1

PLC2 - Hardware Settings
Baud Rate: 19200/Parity: None/Modbus Role: Slave/Slave ID: 1
Message Configuration:
Channel: 5 (installed in slot 1)
Trgger Type: 1
cmd: 16
ElementCnt: 32
Target Addr: 1
Target node: 1

However, on PLC1 (master), I get an error code 130 in the message exchange. I can't find what could be wrong. According to the Rockwell Automation documentation, Error 130 is a problem with the Modbus address, but it seems fitting. I have tried several address variations in the master PLC, for example: 4000, 40000, 400001, and it didn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this problem might be?

Yes, you are correct. I configured the Modbus mapping, and the communication worked perfectly. I thought that that modbus mapping would only apply when using the controller's serial port. But I was wrong.

Thanks a lot. Solved. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi shesame,
check in the CCW software > Controller section > Modbus Mapping. It is essential to create a Modbus mapping for your Modbus communication to function correctly.