Can you tell what AOP's have been added

CK_West

Is there somewhere in RsLinx, Studio 5000, or some other Rockwell application that will show you what AOP's you already have added to you system?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Cody

The below paragraphs are me just rambling on about how I came to this question.
I had to add a couple of AOP's for Controls Logix 5000 (20.01) project I'm working in order to see an Ethernet Switch and a remote I/O block that was added to the program by a previous colleague. This was the first time I've actually had to add a profile to Rslogix.
This files are large can take quite a bit of time to unpack and install. Not to mention the time it can take to download them if you do not have a stellar internet connection. So I wanted to know if there was a place you can see what AOP's you already have installed on your system, so you can do it before you get to the plant, etc.

Usually, the AOPs are installed at the time of the RSL5K/S5000 install, however, the user has a choice selecting what groups of hardware AOPs are to be added to the install.
I don't believe there is an AOP dedicated tool except the "Add Device" utility which, when completely "checked" and expanded will list all the available(installed)AOPs related to the specifics of the system addition location (Backplane, Remote Comms Adapter, etc.)

dmargineau,
Thank you for your response. I ended up contacting Rockwell Help and not even anyone there could tell me how to see what AOP's where already loaded on your system. I was told no one had asked that question yet. Hopefully now that the question has been asked someone a Rockwell will look into it and come up with a solution. Thanks again for your quick response. I would have got back quicker but I wanted to see what Rockwell had to say.

The module selection dialog that appears when you select "Add Module" to a backplane or a network is effectively a full list of the Module Profiles installed on that computer.

What it doesn't have a way to show is "modules that were installed at the same time as the software" versus "modules that have been installed at another time".

But you can filter by vendor, which would make the Ethernet switch and maybe the remote I/O module easier to find. And you can filter by part number, so if you know which AOPs you're looking for you should be able to tell if they are installed easily.

Ken Roach said:
The module selection dialog that appears when you select "Add Module" to a backplane or a network is effectively a full list of the Module Profiles installed on that computer...

Ken,

While effectively that is true, I'm afraid it's not that simple. The list is dynamic.

The "Select Module Type" list has all installed modules available to it, but it will only display the available modules pertaining to what you have selected to add a module to and this varies depending on what system architecture is used and which part of that architecture you select. This prevents users from building unsupported hardware I/O Configurations.

If, for instance, you have a ControlLogix and you want to add a module to the I/O Configuration or the chassis - it will only display modules available to that system i.e. 1756 modules.

If you then add a 1756-ENBT to the chassis and add to that, it will only display available Ethernet based AOP modules.

If you have a 1769-L33ER and you add to the CompactBus, it will only display 1769 modules, etc.

CK_West said:
...I ended up contacting Rockwell Help and not even anyone there could tell me how to see what AOP's where already loaded on your system. I was told no one had asked that question yet. Hopefully now that the question has been asked someone a Rockwell will look into it and come up with a solution...

Are these people for real? Sometimes, I wonder?
Yeah, the solution is to train their personnel better!

CK_West said:
Is there somewhere...that will show you what AOP's you already have added to you system?...I wanted to know if there was a place you can see what AOP's you already have installed on your system...

For all currently installed RA Add On Profiles browse to...

OS x86 - C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Module Profiles

Or...

OS x64 - C:\Program Files(x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Module Profiles

For all currently installed Third Party Add On Profiles browse to...

OS x86 - C:\Program Files\RSLogix 5000 Module Profiles

Or...

OS x64 - C:\Program Files(x86)\RSLogix 5000 Module Profiles

Regards,
George

For all currently installed RA Add On Profiles browse to...

OS x86 - C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Module Profiles
Thanks George! Came here looking for that answer. Worth mentioning you can view Minimum Logix Version required in the XML files for each module. That's why I was looking for the folder.

From a command line running as administrator, change directory to any install package with an MPSetup executable. Run MPSetup /CU and select all. It will show you every AOP on the system. But don't continue or it will uninstall every AOP on your system. Don't ask me how I know ;)