Best way to access S7-1200 web server remotely

DLMUK

Hi,

Does anybody have a practical solution for accessing the webserver in an S7-1200 remotely?

My S7 is located on a piece of heavy lifting equipment (driving) so it is not possible to give it a wired internet or LAN connection. What I need to do is use a device with a 3G/4G connection which will provide a suitable connection back to a PC in an office so that I can access the webserver.

Thanks

Just use an e WON or competitor equivalent. I haven't kept up with that product space, so the only one I know is **** (is this still censored?), but DDNS VPN boxes for machines are popping up all over the place.

EDIT: weird that this site still censors e WON, one of the mods must have had a really bad experience with it?

Last edited:
thanks

I'm actually going to a demo day where **** are showing their Netbiter which will hopefully do the trick. Just look at all options.

I think that's only a 2G device. At least in the US, no carrier would accept it any more. Dunno about status of 2G in other countries. If he wants a Siemens module, something like these might be more modern.

http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/industri...s/pages/modems-routers-ip-based-networks.aspx

They are 3G/4G cell modems, and can also hook into Sinema RC if he wants VPN capabilities.

Nope - doesn't allow connectivity to the web server.

I guess I haven't used the 3G varieties, but I could have sworn they supported NAPT, which would allow that. You just need to access it over a different port number: 8080 is commonly used instead of port 80 for http. This does assume you have a static IP address from your wireless provider.

If dynamic IP, then you need a rendezvous server like Sinema RC.

Last edited: