Best Ethernet/IP HART bridge to use?

RetiQlum2

I am going to need to use HART multi-drop in order to handle a series of Vega Radar units. There are a lot of options and I'm wondering what modules people have had success with, which ones to stay away from, etc.

I want a standalone ethernet IP solution because this is going to be far removed from anything else.

Before someone asks: I searched every manufacturer for radar sensors that would work in our harsh environment, have all the needed features, and have a communications protocol newer than flint knives. HART is what I'm stuck with.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I do not know this is the best available.

There are a number of 1756 ControlLogix HART Analog I/O Modules.

A logix rack with power supply and EtherNet/IP bridge would be required.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um533_-en-p.pdf

If you could use HART IP instead of EtherNet/IP there are some HART IP device/HART masters gateway far cheaper than the Logix solution. However, there are not so many HART IP clients available. I once developed a HART IP client with CODESYS and the FieldCom Gr HART IP client sample but this is not easy. With EtherNet/IP it will be a far easier integration.

Alfredo,

Sorry if I was unclear. I am already looking for a gateway, not one that sits in my ControlLogix chassis. Hence the quest for Ethernet to HART gateway.

I want to know which brands and models are decent. SST, Phoenx Contactor, Pro-Soft, IFM, etc.

I've never used HART, but I wouldn't hesitate to get something from ProSoft if it's available and if I had the budget. The ProSoft hardware I've used has worked very well and their support was helpful. Phoenix Contact and IFM are solid brands in general, but I've never used anything "smart" from them.