Beckhoff EL1002 Wiring details: Few questions

pramod_gr

I would be using Beckhoff EL1002 Digital input module for my EMO switch. Attached is the connection details of the same. I presume that the 24V DC is available internally from EL1002. I would be using it along with EK1100. Can anyone let me know if the connection mentioned below is correct or do i have to connect 24V from an external power supply.

The wiring would be correct for a typical switch, but would you want the PLC to be in control of a potentially dangerous emergency stop?

A better practice is to also have it switch off outputs through hard wiring or completely shut down control.

The way I interpret his drawing is that he is picking up the 24VDC bus at terminal 2, passing through the switch, and then to Input 1 on terminal 1.

You are right. I have somehow confused terminal numbers and terminal designators.

Pramod, please disregard my statement. I was wrong.