Are you having any forum glitch issues?

Phil Melore

Administrator
Hi All,

Firstly… Merry Christmas to all of you!

Secondly, as some of you may have noticed I made some modifications to our backend to address some speed issues a few had raised.
The good news is the speed issues are resolved and it should be blazing fast regardless if you are on the US east or west coast, Europe, Australia, Asia, South America… wherever!
The bad news is, just like in some of my PLC ‘machine upgrade’ projects, I achieved the main goal but seem to maybe have caused some minor glitches to be fixed (for some folks) lol.

IF you are having issues, it’s ‘likely’ caused by a browser extension, adblocker or older browser.

Troubleshooting recommendations:

-->Try disabling your browser extensions one by one and reloading the site after each to find which (if any) extension is not working well here

-->Try disabling your adblocker.
Reload the site

-->Using an older browser? Try upgrading to the latest/greatest of whatever you’re using.
I run latest MSEdge on Windoze 10 with Ghostery extension for adblocking/privacy/etc and it works fine.
I tried Chrome (not a fan) and it works fine
I tried Firefox and it works fine
I don’t have access to Apple desktop but tried Safari on an iphone and it works fine

-->IF you are STILL having login issues, repetitive prompts and/or missing images AFTER trying the above:
log out of the forum
clear your cache
clear the sites cookies
close the browser
visit the site

-->IF YOU STILL HAVE SITE ISSUES hit the contact us link at the bottom right of the forum and I’ll do my best to help you

Enjoy,

Testing to see if I can post this reply while already logged in. I just disabled my Adblocker and that did seem to alleviate the appearance of the Cloudfare notice.

EDIT: Yes, it worked without asking me to log in again.

The site has become almost unusable for me. Constant error message and security checks and all the buttons have no text or graphics. I may have to try another browser.

I just replied to my own thread using Firefox after struggling with Safari. It took me multiple attempts for the reply to actually post and I had to log in about 3 times. All the forum udates seem to have messed things up for me. When I get time I'll have to try the suggestions to improve things but after years of using this invaluable forum I'm saddened it has been messed with and now seems broken.

I just replied to my own thread using Firefox after struggling with Safari. It took me multiple attempts for the reply to actually post and I had to log in about 3 times. All the forum udates seem to have messed things up for me. When I get time I'll have to try the suggestions to improve things but after years of using this invaluable forum I'm saddened it has been messed with and now seems broken.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. If you would like some assistance please feel free to reach out when you get some time and I'll have you back up and running quickly

Thanks,

I went thru all of the troubleshooting recommendations as listed above but when I used the site later the cloudflare display indicating its checking for a secure site returned. I'm using Firefox 120.0.1 64 bit on a Win 10 Pro machine.

You will see that CF splash screen - but it should only be there for a couple seconds and requires no interaction unless its verification mechanism is blocked by an ad blocker or similar.
I'm sure it's fingerprinting the users machine and that's generally something you don't want from most of the internet, but if you want this site, you gotta let it do its thing.

Cloudflare is currently well trusted so that shouldnt be a concern.

OK, I don't mind the splash screen but it would be nice if the graphics worked correctly after cloudflare is satisfied. AS best as I can tell I don't have an ad blocker or similar in this browser.

OK, I don't mind the splash screen but it would be nice if the graphics worked correctly after cloudflare is satisfied. AS best as I can tell I don't have an ad blocker or similar in this browser.
I'm now testing with the same browser as you are using per image below. It will work(y)
Please click the puzzle piece looking icon like the image below and take a screenshot. Then PM it to me so I can see what's installed as perhaps something was overlooked. Otherwise it's a setting within the privacy/security that could be blocking something, for example.

One other note... when you login do you have the 'remember me' box checked?

Thanks,

Screenshot 2023-12-14 210526.png Screenshot 2023-12-14 210222.png

Sorry, I can't navigate without the graphics working - I can't access the image upload or insert options. I do use the "remember me" option.

The extensions are "Map Assist & Custom Web Search" which I disabled with no change to how the site worked.

On chrome login directly to the Q and A it repetedly gave me a bad redirect error, then I went out and just clicked home and went into the forum and I was logged in. Not the most robust solution but I did get it to work and it took about 3 minutes.

If I am on VPN, it will not let me connect???

Interesting. On my VPN, I'm directed to "Forum Maintenance is in progress".

For fun, I turned off my VPN, went to the site. Turned it on, refreshed the page. Browser prompted for "Confirm Form Resubmission". Then load the message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you preformed before you received this error."

Just passing the info along...