24v PLC to 5v Drive

my first guess you will damage your controller look become reality,

first mistake you have power up all unit,

you no read the user manual for few times,

The recomendation, DO and DON'T from user manual,

when questioning where the Ground on Stepper Drive termination,

you answer you have connected,

possibilty you power up the unit,probaly yes.

i have attached picture on post #11 from user manual,

read again the user manual,

are Tiny Control and AMCI same product?

you need separate Power Supply 1 for Stepper Drive and 1 for Step/Dir Signal.

Thanks, I have powered the Stepper drive and PLC from two separate SMPS, the dir and step signal come from PLC which uses a different SMPS then the one one used to power the stepper drive this SMPS does not power any other device apart from the stepper drive.

I use tiny controls stepper drive, but AMCI info got it from web which tells the problems of stepper running erratically if the controller output is 24v and drive input is 5v thought it would be useful in my case.