1756-RIO- Adding a input module

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have never understood how the I/O is configured using RIO. In the tree there is only the RIO module, not the racks of I/O attached or all the individual module definitions. I am also uncertain as to how the tags are generated for I/O. Perhaps in the Data Types folder? I see 1756 DHRIO cards out there also.

Are you using 1756-DHRIO, the classic DH+ and RIO modules from Allen-Bradley, or the 1756-RIO, which includes the guts of the QTS RIO scanner that is also sold standalone by Prosoft ?

The 1756-RIO has a configuration applet that sets of all the racks and block transfers, while the 1756-DHRIO has Adapter objects in the ordinary I/O tree.

1756 DHRIO TO A SLC500 1747 RIO ADAPTER. I'm gonna hit the Rockwell knowledge base tonight and try and figure this out. We still have a lot of this old RIO stuff here and its been a mystery to me for to long....Thank you sir.