1756-EN2TR Ethernet Module - Change Subnet Mask

dalporto

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi. Rockwell learning curve 132-1b.

I was having trouble to change IP address on a EN2TR.

Finally found out that I need to change the IP offline, then online.

Still wasn't working until I figured that my mask was wrong.

I changed it online too and it's working now, but I feel that it should be set elsewhere that only online, right?

I cannot find it.

Thanks.

I changed it online too and it's working now, but I feel that it should be set elsewhere that only online, right?

I cannot find it.

Thanks.
IIRC, the IP is device level. You set the IP at the device.

I cannot find it.

Thanks.
So for any ENxT, the IP is set at the device. The IP in the project can be completely different. The IP in the device can be set by BootP, Ethernet commissioner, RSLinx or Studio when online. Typically, the IP in the project is set the same offline and downloaded. But I've ran across many commissioned systems where the OEM/Integrator was lazy and didn't bother.