Issue with AOPs and EDSs

nievesdelimon

I posted a couple months ago about something similar, but it happened again and now I have more information.

On the project's I/O tree there's a 1734-AENTR/C I/O point showing up as a yellow questionmark instead of its icon and <unknown> where its name should be. The device's revision is 7.011.

I downloaded all the EDS and AOP files I could find on Rockwell's websits, installed them and nothing changed, however, a coworker did the same and it did work for her, the device appears as it should, icon, name and properties can now be accessed from her computer.

The problem appears to be on my side, but I need help identifying and fixing it.

I would appreciate any help from you guys.

Rockwell devices support uploading EDS file to RSLinx. If you are seeong the yellow question mark ir is because the EDS you installed does not correspond to the firmware or maybe even hardware version of the remote IO device. This will be fixed by uploading the EDS from the device itself.

You mean your coworker is using a different Windows PC?
The EDS catalogue that RSLinx uses is not related to the the EDS files used in the Logix project. You need to update the catalogue of USD files in RSLinx by uploading the EDS file from the device to eliminate the yellow question mark.

Yes.

I can see the devices on RSLinx -their icons instead of yellow question marks-, the problem is only on Logix Designer. Even after uploading the EDS files from the devices the issue persists.

Last edited: