Horner plc upload

bwiring

Has anyone had problems uploading the program from a Horner Xle102 plc......I keep getting a communication timeout error. I do believe i have proper communication set up because I can switch the plc from run to idle mode from my laptop. Any help would be great!!!!

Has anyone had problems uploading the program from a Horner Xle102 plc......I keep getting a communication timeout error. I do believe i have proper communication set up because I can switch the plc from run to idle mode from my laptop. Any help would be great!!!!
It is possible that the programmer has disabled the "Upload" function.
Not sure about the timeouts but I would suspect the above.
Try using the SD card.
Go to the system page and then select save program.
It will save the program on the card and when having issues you'll be able to reload from the card.
Haven't looked into importing the program in cScape and opening for editing but I'll take a look when I can.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.....if the program was password protected would i not be asked to enter the password at some time? Also, when i go into tools/security it does not ask me to "log-in".

Thanks for the reply.....if the program was password protected would i not be asked to enter the password at some time? Also, when i go into tools/security it does not ask me to "log-in".
Yes and yes.
In your case, as I mentioned earlier, the programmer may choose to disable the "upload" function.
The code gets downloaded but the ladder logic is not available for upload or viewing.
As you already said that you can go on-line, no need for password and can switch PLC mode, I assume this is what you deal with.