VersaMax CPU Communication

hagos

Dear Folks,

We had a defective CPUE05 where we managed to replace & download the program, the program we downloaded has been saved from an other CPU(We have a system where we use three typical pumps, we uploaded the program from the second pump and downloaded to the spare CPU).
In the system we have an HMI hooked to the ethernet port,also port 2 of the CPU is connected to our DCS , where the DCS is assessing the CPU functions.

But after we downloaded the program to the CPU, we can't get the HMI to communicate to the CPU, also the DCS is not seeing the CPU.

I appreciate your suggestions on what shall we check.

Regards
Hagos

This manual may help but you should have GFK-1503 instead of GFK-1860 which is old as well as incorrect and may lead you astray.

You will need to put the proper Ethernet IP address in the hardware configuration before downloading as the hardware config for a different CPUE05 will contain the incorrect one.

As to the DCS on Port 2, I can't say without knowing what protocol it is using. However a guess is that it needs an "SNP ID" or "Station Address" that must be unique to all CPU's also, similar to IP address. This ID or Address would also be set in the CPUE05's hardware configuration.

Last edited: