Upload .mer file from PV+1000 using FT Studio ver 5

tsl_man

I have factory talk studio ver 5 and a panelview + 1000 on a network. I can see the panelview in the "tree" on the explorer window. How do I upload the file, via the network, from the panelview without doing it locally at the PV.
I hope this makes sense to y'all.
Thanks

Use the ME Transfer Utility, it can be found in the Start, Programs, Rockwell Software, Factory Talk View, Tools menu.

Thanks. I do not have that item in the menu. Maybe I don't have that option installed. I looked in the help files but isn't see it in there. I am not at that location right now so will have to get back over there and try again in a few hours. Also If can't figure that out will try the USB stick and see if I can copy the file into it. Did this about 4 years ago at another location. Need to read up to refresh my memory.

You can use a USB stick or CF card. Put the MER file under

Code:
E:\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime
Use the configuration menu to copy applications from external to internal.

Load the new MER file and set it as default on boot.