Unity Pro Rung Wrapping

travispedley

Can you wrap rungs in ladder in Unity Pro? I couldn't figure out a way to do it, so I just added a temporary Bool output to the right side, then the next rung starts with a NO of that temporary bool. Is there a built in way to do this?

ladder in Unity is horrific. I pretty much never use it except for alarm routines with multiple ANDs / OR conditions where i find it a bit easier to read.

Whilst it doesn't solve your issue, my recommendation is to give their FBD editor a go. Its a lot more polished.

Personally, I agree with Saffa re the abismal ladder in Unity Pro, as regard splitting the rungs using a dummy bool, it is my preferred method in most PLC's - my pet hate is the obnoxious way the rungs wrap, it makes reading the logic a pain, even when you can turn it off it still requires cursoring back and forth to read.

Steve

I don't understand the need to divide the editor into closed "rungs". PL7 Pro (before Unity) had rungs and it was a pain. Unity Pro ladder editor make it easy to move objects between lines. Others like Siemens have rungs that extend indefinitely.

In Unity , you just can extand the number of rows fo sections(will only be applied for newly created sections). The standard number is too small. I set it at 14 intead of 11.

So I guess the answer is no. Thanks for the replies, I'll work around it or modify the number of sections. I was born and raised on ladder, FBD gives me the rage.