Twincat 3 error then use string as variable name

r142dm

Hi!

i try to use string as variable name in a forloop my problem is tahat my if insturktion not allow strings as variable name.

my declaration is

var

aForSend : ARRAY [1..3,1..6] OF STRING;

bSmsNr1InUse : BOOL;
bSmsNr2InUse : BOOL;
bSmsNr3InUse : BOOL;
bSmsNr4InUse : BOOL;
bSmsNr5InUse : BOOL;
bSmsNr6InUse : BOOL;

k: INT;

end_var

program

FOR k:=1 TO 6 BY 1 DO

IF (concat('bSmsNr',concat(INT_TO_STRING(k),'InUse'))) THEN
aForSend[3,k]:='1';
ELSE
aForSend[3,k]:='0';
END_IF
END_FOR

i get error cannot convert type string (255) to type bool

//Dennis

You cannot use concat in IF statement condition. It has to be boolean result. Thats why you got that build error.
Do the concat before IF statement and use comparison in the condition.
And in twincat you don't have to use ; in the end of statements.

Last edited:
What i mean IF (concat('bSmsNr',concat(INT_TO_STRING(k),'InUse')) ) THEN the result is STRING, it should be something like this IF (concat('bSmsNr',concat(INT_TO_STRING(k),'InUse')) ) = STRING_VARIABLE THEN then the result is boolean.

If you are trying to check if some of bSmsNr variables are true and then write it to string table as true, its way easier to declare bSmsNrInUse as an boolean array.
Code:
VAR
     aForSend : ARRAY [1..3,1..6] OF STRING;
     aSmsNrInUse : ARRAY [1..6] OF BOOL;
     k : INT;
END_VAR

FOR k:=1 TO 6 BY 1 DO

IF aSmsNrInUse[k] THEN
    aForSend[3,k]:='1';
ELSE
    aForSend[3,k]:='0';
END_IF