Trouble downloading to PVP7

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I downloaded my .mer to my PVP two weeks ago. I went to download it today and now I get an alarm that says "The download was unable to be completed. Transfer failed due to CIP." I ping my PVP and it replies, laptop is on the same subnet, I have no idea what this means and why it is happening. Thanks for the help in advance.

I think I've seen that before. I believe I handled it by deleting the running MER and downloading to an empty PV. Of course there are risks to this, so proceed with caution.

If it's possible for you, you can put your mer on a thumbstick and download like that.

you have to have a specific folder setup for it to work.

X:\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime

X being the drive letter of your thumbdrive.

put your mer in the runtime folder and then plug it into the PVP 7 and copy from external storage..