STUDIO 5000 Compare Statement Highlight

maoye237

Anyone know a way to get the CMP Instruction to highlight in yellow when the statements is true in ladder logic? Similar to the XIC?

No, but there could be an OTE, with a dummy bit, between the CMP and the next instruction to the right, and that should be highlighted when the CMP output rung condition is true.

The bit instructions highlight based on their value being a "0" or a "1". It is hard coded into the software that an XIC highlights when it sees a "1" and an XIO highlights when it sees a "0".

Compare type instruction appearances aren't hard coded in that same way because of the near infinite variations. Your PC would have to do the processing for each instruction to determine whether the expression is true or false. This would potentially add considerable communications traffic as all the tag values would need to be available in the memory of the PC and updated at a very rapid rate. Alternatively, the instructions would need to have been built initially with some additional overhead (bit) that identifies if they are true or false.

OG

The OTE Tag immediately after the CMP Function would be the best and simplest way
It would only be true if the rung preceding the CMP function is true and the CMP evaluation is true. Of course if the rung preceding the CMP is false then the CMP would not be evaluated anyway. But if you placed it as the first element of the rung then it would always be evaluated
you need to stop thinking in terms of 1 / 0 and think true / false it makes things easier to follow