Step7 Copy string in FB IN_OUT UDT var

jenzop

Hello
Inside a FB, I´m trying to transfer a string from a DB to a IN_OUT var that was define as a UDT.
The problem is that i can´t determine the adress .
I need to transfer a string[19] from a DB to OP.AuxDatos.AuxDatoVacio.InicioCiclo

uno.jpg
dos.jpg

do some research on pointers, also known as P# - you will be working with indirect addressing. To find the location (or address) you can open the instance DB (or IDB) of the FB call and read your column markers. You can also identify the location directly from the instance tables you show above, but you have to click through the layers of the data structure and add them together.

do some research on pointers, also known as P# - you will be working with indirect addressing. To find the location (or address) you can open the instance DB (or IDB) of the FB call and read your column markers. You can also identify the location directly from the instance tables you show above, but you have to click through the layers of the data structure and add them together.
If I open the DB of instance the I_O section only appear UDT row, with 4 bytes.
But the UDT have 366 bytes
tres.jpg

Is your FB call up to date? Did you modify the UDT (increase it's size from the original 6 bytes) after doing the initial UDT call as an in_out?