Siemens TIA Portal: Making a heartbeat

A timer has memory of its own time value. Doesn't matter if it is an IEC timer, a counter, a preset time on the clock or whatever. There will be memory that has to live somewhere.
If you may not store this memory in the instance of an FB, then you have to pass the memory in and out of an FC. That is doable, but it beats me as to what would be achieved by this requirement. It is the same thing, you just store the memory in another (more cumbersome) way.

LindeBerger said:
It's in our 'standard protocol', unfortunately.
The standard is to cripple basic functionality of the PLCs languages ??

LindeBerger said:
Yes, I have to create a pseudo timer/counter.
Plenty of ways to do that. I would read the PLC cycle time and use that to increment the timer.

Similar Topics

I am currently am in a PLC class and need urgent help on how the ladder logic would be laid out. I understand how to get the traffic lights to...
Replies
Views
Hello, If the date on the license manager of tia Portal has expired, can I still work with it? or is this just to keep the program up to date...
Replies
Views
Hello, i can find the CPU when searching for it. But when I go Online i just get the icon for "Not compatible" everywhere. I get no additional...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to initialise some tags on first scan only. As they are related to wall-clock time, I want to do the initialisation when the PLC first...
Replies
Views
good , how do i calculate the instantaneous flow according to the flow totalizer in the tia portal ? 1 pulse = 1m3/h
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom