Setting up a modbus network on a DL262 Directlogic PLC with Siemens LMV 3 Burner controllers as slaves, eight of them, with OCI 412.10 Interface

Your trigger to enable the Modbus command should be a one-shot. Note how my example used the done contact from the timer to both trigger the modbus command and reset the timer. You can only have one of the Modbus commands active at a time.
Are you sure you have the correct number for the serial port you're using?
Aren't there V-memory addresses you need to write values to in order to set up the port for Modbus vs K-sequence protocol? I'm pretty sure there are in the DL06 which is what I used in my example.

Your trigger to enable the Modbus command should be a one-shot. Note how my example used the done contact from the timer to both trigger the modbus command and reset the timer. You can only have one of the Modbus commands active at a time.
Are you sure you have the correct number for the serial port you're using?
I am sure that its on port two,and you're absolutely right about the one shot.

I wont be back to the site until Mon.i will hopefully be able to report success with many thanks!