s7-300 plc with et200s modules

archron

i m working on an old machine that has a layout of
1 cpu 6es7 315-6tg10-0ab0 (bus adresss 2)
1 et200s 6es7 151-1aa04-0abo (bus adress 4)
1 et200s 6es7 151-1aa04-0abo (bus adress 5)
1 et200s 6es7 151-1aa04-0abo (bus adress 6)
1 10'' OP mp277 (bus adress 7)
1 servo drive korlmorgen servostar 600 (bus adress 10)
1 servo drive korlmorgen servostar 600 (bus adress 12)

1 of the et200s panels( adress 5) was damaged during transfer. some of the modules casings were broken/cracked, so i changed all the modules(et200s, 3x pme-24vdc, 8x 4DI and and 6x 4DO) to be sure.

when i turn the power on CPU led status is,
DC 5V ON
RUN ON
SF ON
BF1 BLINKING.
i can connect and upload program from the plc but i cant get online, says online communication can not be established. thats my 1st problem.

2 of the et200s modules and mp277 communicating( i can see relative inputs and outputs turning on/off from touch panel) i havent checked the servo drives. but the one et200s module(adress 5) that i changed is in error status.
SF is on BF is blinking.
also the pme 24v dc is in error status( pwr is on sf is on)

i did try every module on that setup including et200s induvidually on a working station and they are all working. the bus adress switches are correct.

since i cant get online with the cpu, i cant run diagnostics and i have no idea where to start looking. i dont know is 1 error triggering some more or they are individual/unrelated errors.

if anyone can point me some direction, that would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
If you cannot get online it is hopeless.
Can you get online if you disconnect everything else ?
What is S7ONLINE set to ? And what are the setings of this interface ?
What kind of adapter are you using to go online ?
Are you going online on the X1/MPI port or X2/DP port ?

Setting the IM 151-1 Profibus address

Hello archron;
Even if you cannot access your CPU online with Step 7, following Jesper's suggestions (yes, do check the PC/PG interface settings, this isvery important), the fact that you now have a BF1 LED on the CPU indicates that the Profibus address set on the IM 151-1 module you jsut replaced probably has not been set properly.
A BF ("bus fault") LED comes on when the CPU (as a Profibus master) cannot find a configured Profibus slave's address on the network.

Look at the manual of the IM 151-1 (the one I have opened is from ManualsLib, it shows how the IM 151-1 dipswitches must be set for address 3 to select address 5 set switches 1 and 4 ON, all others OFF.
Tell us if that allows communications to the IM 151-1 again.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

IM 151-1 Setting Profibus address.jpg

Last edited:
Can you get online if you disconnect everything else ?
i can get online now, step7 interface was incorrect.

What is S7ONLINE set to ? And what are the setings of this interface ?

interface settings are profibus, 1.5mbps, profile DP. that was my mistake, my step 7 was set to mpi. thank you very much for that now i can get online.

What kind of adapter are you using to go online ?

im using siemens s7 pc adaptor 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0

Are you going online on the X1/MPI port or X2/DP port ?

I m trying on X1, which somehow i can upload the program from cpu.

i have bunch of errors it seems which i m going to figure out later since the factory is closing now.

thank you again pointing me the right direction i was going crazy on it for hours

1 of the servo drives out for repair so 1 of the stations is missing. since i could get online now i at least see the adress is on correct but with almost all the errors, which i m gonna check out monday or tuesday. thank you for your answer

1 of the servo drives out for repair so 1 of the stations is missing. since i could get online now i at least see the adress is on correct but with almost all the errors, which i m gonna check out monday or tuesday. thank you for your answer

If one of your Profibus slaves is not available, BF will be set on the CPU also, since it cannt be found on the network.
One way around this is to remove the missing slave from the CPU master,s polling list temporarily, using SFC 12 "D_ACT_DP", as shown in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHook8r_Oow
To allow polling of the slave once it is repaired and re-installed on the network, run SFC 12 D_ACT_DP once more, using the same LADDR parameter used to identify the slave..
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
I found the problem with et200s module. Last terminal modul waa defective i assume, changed the last terminal plugged back terminating plate and all works fine. Now i have a problem with sm 338 module (6ES7 338-4BC01-0AB0). in hardware diagnostics analog module reads as:
External error
Faulty module
There is a channel error.

Channel 0: positioning input, sensor error.
I checked the cabling seems ok.

Is there any work around to find the problem, if it is cable, lineer scale or module itself?
There is only one CONTACTLESS MAGNETOSTRICTIVE LINEAR POSITION TRANSDUCER
(SYNCHRONOUS SERIAL OUTPUT) connected to it. GEFRAN MK4-S is the model if it helps