S7-300 FC block getting values from another block

DenZ_P

Hello everyone,

This FC block i made for siemens s7-300 would be my generic block and will have logic inside with local variables. I called it in different FBs but the flow in the first FB is going inside also in the other FB even though I put different addresses of the flow? I don't understand why? I have called the FBs in OB1 by UC - Unconditional call.

please help. thanks!

How do you know this "I called it in different FBs but the flow in the first FB is going inside also in the other FB even though I put different addresses of the flow" ?

I think you are running into a monitoring issue. If you open your FC and monitor it, you really don't know which call of the FC your are monitoring. Unless you select monitor with call up path.

Hello L D[AR2,P#0.0],

The FC is called in different FBs mainly in FB56, FB57, and FB58. Now i have running flow in FB56 and that running flow is being seen when I monitor my FC in the opened FB57 online.

and this FBs is called in OB1 via Unconditional Call

UC "ByPass_504A" -FB56
UC "ByPass_504B" - FB57
UC "ByPass_104" - FB58

How do you know this "I called it in different FBs but the flow in the first FB is going inside also in the other FB even though I put different addresses of the flow" ?

Hello everyone,

This FC block i made for siemens s7-300 would be my generic block and will have logic inside with local variables. I called it in different FBs but the flow in the first FB is going inside also in the other FB even though I put different addresses of the flow? I don't understand why? I have called the FBs in OB1 by UC - Unconditional call.

please help. thanks!

I think you are running into a monitoring issue. If you open your FC and monitor it, you really don't know which call of the FC your are monitoring. Unless you select monitor with call up path.

Hello Boneless,

Thanks for your response. I have searched this Call Up path procedure and found this:

Follow the below Steps for Monitoring the FC/FB (multiple instance) with called up path.

1.Open the location where multiple instance is called.
2.Go to Menu-->Debug -->Select Test Operation Mode
3.Save the Block and Download
4.Now Go Online..Right Click on the multiple instance 'Called Block'-->Monitor with Callup path.

is the above instruction correct?

Additional Information about this.

My flow for each input in the FC is coming from the instance DB parameter of a Function Block with FC analog input scaler inside.