ROC 800 firmware mismatch question...

timothy585

Supporting Member
I'm on a job with about 75 ROC 800 LACT packages installed and running. We have a single template program that works good and is basically just dropped in each unit lately with minor changes to network addressing for the ROC and OIT, etc.

Anyway, I've been using ROCLINK(2.61) for the development the past six months or so and everything has been going smoothly. Today, we received a new LACT unit and when I went to download the current program I received the pop-up regarding firmware mismatch.

WARNING:
Connected device Firmware Version is 1.64,
Configuration File device Firmware is 1.62.

I downloaded the program thinking such a minor firmware change would not affect anything, but I immediately got an error to the effect of a compile error and it will not run. I can open IO monitor and see a physical DI point change state, but nothing is happening in any of the action blocks, etc.

What are my options?

Can I re-compile my current 1.62 program for 1.64 firmware?
If so, will it be backwards compatible with 1.62?
Can I downgrade to 1.62 firmware in the new hardware and keep my current program?
Or is it possibly something else, and this minor firmware revision should not be affecting it?

Thanks.