RJ45 straight through or crossover?

Yes, I even configured the driver on the browse remote subnet and set it up that way. local or remote, still no dice

So, the PLC is plugged into a switch. Are the link lights lit both on the PLC and the switch?
Then you plug a computer into the switch. Do you get valid link lights on those ports?

Does your computer have a statically assigned IP address or dynamic?
Plug your computer into the switch with that PLC CPU, open up a command prompt, and type in ipconfig /all. Tell us what address/Subnet/Gateway that shows for your Ethernet adapter.

The controller I have has an IP of 192.168.18.73. The subnet mask of it is 255.255.252.0. The default gateway is 192.168.16.1, and the DNS is 10.209.8.51.

As for the IP address, I have configured my LAN with the same subnet mask and the same 192.168.0xx.xxx. does it need to be the same number on the third number? anyways I still do not get any reading of any controller on RSLinx. Still using straight through cables as suggested, and havent been able to get a crossover. We only have one cable and it is a straight through and I really dont wanna make modifications to it and mess it up. IT may have one, but as i said before...

Nightshift

You need to have your laptop set with a spare IP in the range of 192.168.16.2 - 192.168.19.254 using the subnet mask 255.255.252.0.

Open command prompt and type "ping 192.168.18.73" to prove basic connectivity. If you do not get a response then you have other problems than just RSLinx not seeing the PLC.