Pro Face SP5000 HMI failed, Can I use a laptop instead?

cphillips679

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, beginner here.

Yesterday, we had a Pro-Face SP5000 HMI fail on us. The technician said that the HMI had the blue screen of death and read "Please contact your software vendor".

We are assuming that the module is bad, just based on the status LED's and technical supports suggestion to replace it.

Unfortunately, we cannot get a replacement for a couple weeks.

Obviously we would like to get this piece of equipment running again, is it possible to use a laptop running windows as the HMI until we can get a replacement?

I do have the original project file.

Thank you!

pro-face software does not have a live testing feature. I tried to find out if it was possible specifically for a project I had to do.

The only possibility I believe is if it's connected to a certain type of mitsubishi controller, and that's it.

If the aplication was created using GP-Pro Ex software, it should be possible to install Windows version of the runtime called WinGP and download the application to it. Without license, it will run for 3 hours, then will have to be restarted.

However, in order to download this, you will need a licensed copy of the development software, GP-Pro Ex. As you are buying a new Pro-face HMI, check with your vendor if they wilk be willing to help you out and get you running like this for a few days/weeks