Possible Factory Talk Firmware Issue?

MontyPY

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to troubleshoot a problem that I'm having with one of our 4th semester projects. It's a automatic bottle filling line and it uses a Panel View Plus 600.

The revision is 4.023 on the Panel View, and the version of Factory Talk Studio that we have at school is 6.10.00(CPR 9 SR 4)

The issue comes when I retrieve the .mer file from the terminal. The file on there at the moment was last edited by the previous group (May of 2014 was the last timestamp). It is possible that the school had upgraded their version of Factory Talk since then.

I receive no errors when I restore the runtime via the application manager, and I'm able to edit the displays. But if I want to turn the apa file back into a mer, it gives me an error: "Unable To Save Tag Database"

I've attempted to save it as a 4.0 mer file as well, but it still gives me the error when compiling the runtime. Anyone ever run into anything like this?

Thanks in advance