PanelViewPlus 1000

jgunnels

I would like to have a ( Go To Display Button ) also act like a pushbutton and write a bit to a tag. I have created the tag assigned it to write to a specific PLC Bit but I am not seeing this happen in the PLC ??

I have used Ken's Previous post on using PLC Word to increase and decrease Panelview Backlight intensity, So I do have it working with a Momentary pushbuttons, But can't figure out how to get it to work with the ( go to display Button ) Am I missing something??

Help Ken...!!!

Thanks All

Hi,

You could use the 'Global' connection option (under DISPLAY) and create a tag for both reading the current screen number and one to write a new screen value to the HMI. Then use the same bit to initiate your PLC logic.
Just be aware that you will need to write a zero to the Display WRITE tag to maintain operator control of the standard navigation buttons.

Also, all of your displays will need to have unique screen numbers (default is 1 for all screens).

Hope this helps

Rob

Hello KidBlue,
First of all thanks for the reply. I will see if I can figure out your thoughts.
I am pretty new to the world of FatoryTalkView and very limited in the panelView world well. Not familiar with the function of( globals )at this time. What I am doing is pretty basic xx amounts of pushbuttons out and xx amount of indicators in. My hurdle is that you can't turn off the screen saver when there is an active input, so with the help of Ken Roach I now have the screen intensity acting as a screen saver... Problem is when there is a lack of input activity ( 5 minutes )the intensity goes low and it becomes very hard to see the buttons you might want to push. So I thought if the intesity can go up with the first button pushed that would ae better then nothing.
I appreciate any help you may have.
Thanks Again