Panel PC / Ignition Opinions

I believe it's stored in the edge gateway internal historian. I have never installed a SQL server on an Edge gateway.

The edge app can be modified using any machine, as long as it's connected to that box - the same way that I can launch the designer on any machine as long as it's connected to any other Ignition server that contains the project I want to edit.

There are gateway administration modules that again, I've not used, but I think it can manage things like backups of edge nodes.

I've only ever used Perspective for edge panels, because that's what I use across the board now, but I believe you can use Vision if you prefer. From what I gather it's an either/or - you either develop in Vision and get 1x local client and 1x remote client, or you develop in Perspective and get a two-session license.

I believe it's stored in the edge gateway internal historian. I have never installed a SQL server on an Edge gateway.

The edge app can be modified using any machine, as long as it's connected to that box - the same way that I can launch the designer on any machine as long as it's connected to any other Ignition server that contains the project I want to edit.

There are gateway administration modules that again, I've not used, but I think it can manage things like backups of edge nodes.

I've only ever used Perspective for edge panels, because that's what I use across the board now, but I believe you can use Vision if you prefer. From what I gather it's an either/or - you either develop in Vision and get 1x local client and 1x remote client, or you develop in Perspective and get a two-session license.

Thanks! That helps alot.

Lastly is the edge designer environment the same as Vision? Or is there yet another variation to learn.

It's pretty different. I had some experience with Vision and when I first went to mess around with Perspective it was definitely an adjustment.

Inductive University has a nice Elective course where they walk you through designing and building a simulator program in Perspective that walks you through a lot of the features and tools to help you understand.

It's pretty different. I had some experience with Vision and when I first went to mess around with Perspective it was definitely an adjustment.

Inductive University has a nice Elective course where they walk you through designing and building a simulator program in Perspective that walks you through a lot of the features and tools to help you understand.

Yeah I'm familiar with Perspective also. Is Edge development only Perspective?