Not able to understand it

kamenges said:
PeterW, just doing what you are told to do doesn't increase your general level of understanding. This is actually a big problem with the education system here in the US. We are cranking out all sorts of people who can perform the mechanics of all sorts of operations but don't understand why they work or where to use them.

In manmeetvirdi's case the plc was doing something very deterministic and manmeetvirdi was simply asking why it was doing that. By understanding the mechanism behind what the plc is doing (which L D[AR2,P#0.0] explained quite well, by the way) manmeetvirdi may be able to keep himself out of a related but not identical situation in the future. That is the power of understanding and not just copying.

I, for one, applaud manmeetvirdi for taking the time to actually understand the cause of his issue.

Keith

You maybe correct, its just I've seen to many times where someone has done something clever just for the sake of it when there's an easy way.

Unsure if its because they want to confuse anyone looking at their code or it gives them some sort of superiority feeling.

Quite often when I have to dig someone out of a problem. I'd be sitting there with my head in my hands thinking 'Why????, why did they do that?'

In this case, the parameters sent in and out are the interface with the block, you would never ever try to use the last accumulator value from within the block, even if you are confident that you've coded the block absolutely right as you don't know if the block returns straight to this point.

In this case perhaps manmeetvirdi is just trying to understand some of the mechanism's inside the PLC, it just sends shivers down my spine when I see that sort of question asked, just in case he has an application he wants to use it in.

PeterW Calm down

I dont have the mind to think as far as writing a code to confuse other's is concerned !!!!

At the most I will lock the block If i want to have superiority feeling !!

Will try to avoid asking questions which has tendency to demage your spine !
Take Care.

manmeetvirdi said:
PeterW Calm down

I dont have the mind to think as far as writing a code to confuse other's is concerned !!!!

At the most I will lock the block If i want to have superiority feeling !!

Will try to avoid asking questions which has tendency to demage your spine !
Take Care.

;) I'm getting old you know!