Ml1400 message instruction for modbus tcp/ip

kannanmkm

Hii guys.

Here i am trying to get the data from field modbus enabled controllers via MSG instruction in RSLOGIX 500. I have written the program with MSG instruction. I have selected Integral Modbus TCP/IP in Field device. I am getting communication channel Error. ..

can anyone help on this please.

Is this possible to get the data from field controlloers via MSG instruction in ML1400

Thanks IN advance.

kannan

I agree with the last message. Post your program so we can see how it is set up.

Just a shot in the dark here... from experience I know that the communications port will not actually talk after you set it up for Modbus TCP until you power cycle the PLC. The first time I did this, I set up the port and wrote the program all in one foul swoop and couldn't get any communications. Someone had to tell me that it doesn't work until you cycle power.

Guys I have solved the above issue and successfully connected 26 EM6400 Energy meters Rs485 with Mircro1400.

From this project i found that The CPW instruction in RSLOGIX500 can easily merge two 16bit integer to 32 float.

Thanks everyone.