Microsoft's Quick Assist

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
Does anybody use for remote tech support?
Quick Assist, QA, comes with Windows 10 and 11 so it is "free"
QA uses HTTPS for security but I wonder how many companies even block that.

QA is simple but effective. The down side is that it can't save anything but then it is possible to save the screen and text using other apps like OBS.

Right now our tech support has licenses for many different packages like Team viewer. This is expensive. Team Viewer gets used a lot but the other packages get used rarely so their cost per value is not good. My IT guy and I want to simplify things.

So has anybody used Quick Assist and if so have you had any negative experiences with it?

We are not using Quick Assist. Our VM PCs are still using Win 7, but we will transition to Win 10 soon.

At a glance, I can see these differences that makes me prefer Teamviewer.
1. Teamviewer has a file transfer utility.
2. Teamviewer can work unattended on the PC that must be remotely controlled. That is important for us because of the time differences to countries on the other side of the globe, the people onsite may have gone for the day when we want to access the PC. Quick Assist require that the partners establish the connection within 10 minutes.
3. Teamviewer supports older Windows and also Linux, Apple and Android.
4. Teamviewers has an integral VPN which you can use as an alternative when there is no Machine-to-internet router onsite. This has saved my a** a couple of times.

If our IT department get wind of that there is a free alternative to Teamviewer, I am sure we shall have to fight them to be allowed to keep Teamviewer.

Company-wide we use MS Teams to support users.