Import tags to FactoryTalk Viewer Studio?

JohnnyQuanex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Guys,

I'm really having a lot trouble getting my logix designer tags imported into my factorytalk viewer studio...

I don't get it...

I go to import in the ftvs program and select my export CSV file from my logix designer project, but when I actually click next to import the CSV file it says it does not appear to be a FactoryTalk View CSV export file, or does not contain any tags.

I've attached a few screenshots...

Thanks for your help...

John Whited

SS of error during import.JPG SS of export file to import into the PV file.JPG SS of selected import command.JPG SS select PV file to import into.JPG

You don't need to go through the export-import exercise, just link your HMI project to the ACD file of the PLC.

I'm trying to figure out how to do that based on your capture that you shared with me, but I'm not having much success finding that option.

I'll keep looking, but is there anything I can tell you about my software that would help you help me?

Thanks again,

John Whited

So, to import into FTView, you need the export .csv file to be in the format FTView expects and NOT the one that comes right out of Logix Designer.

The item Jstolaruk points out is found in the RsLinx Enterprise configuration, but it won't create 'tags' in FTView. It will just allow you to map towards points in the PLC.

That's a screen-capture of the bottom of the tree menu on Factory Talk View Studio. You have to setup communications in order for anything to work AND you can specify the offline PLC file from which to get a list of tags.

Okay, I got all the tags now, but I can't assemble the .mer file to download or test my application...

I was able to before I did what you told me to do.

I'm guessing I did something wrong when I tried to do what you told me to do...

Attached is a screen shot of the error message I get when I try to create runtime application... (This is a new problem)

Issue with assembly.jpg

You have told FactoryTalk View Studio that you are downloading this project to a PanelView Plus 7 Standard or a PanelView Plus Compact, both of which can only communicate with ONE PLC. In your RSLinx Enterprise communications setup, you have defined shortcuts to TWO OR MORE PLC's. The software is basically telling you "I can't create a runtime file for a PanelView Plus 7 Standard with more than one shortcut".

Now comes the important question: have you just defined the wrong PVP in the software, have you just accidentally defined unneeded shortcuts - or have you bought a device that can only talk to one PLC, and you need it to talk to two?