HSC Help

zblum

I am having trouble utilizing a MicroLogix 1200 HSC to trigger an event.
I have the HSC mode set to 0, because I want to trigger an event every 'x' number of pulses from my encoder. With the mode set to 0, the accumulator resets when it reaches the high preset.
The problem is, I'm not finding finding a variable in this mode to trigger my event. The 'mode done' bit just turns on after the first cycle and never resets.
And would the counter belong in the HSC file, or the main file?
Thanks

Can you just use a GEQ block to compare the accumulator to a preset value that resides outside of the counter function? And just incremement the preset to the next "step" every time you cross it?

Rockwell has a word document on the internet that helps with setting up the HSC for various things... might be for a ML1100 but should be similar to the 1200.

Can you just use a GEQ block to compare the accumulator to a preset value that resides outside of the counter function? And just incremement the preset to the next "step" every time you cross it?

Rockwell has a word document on the internet that helps with setting up the HSC for various things... might be for a ML1100 but should be similar to the 1200.

I have been referencing the HSC manual, but I have not found it super useful. I learn best from examples, and the manual has ZERO examples when they discuss the function.
I think my problem is that these "steps" I am watching for occur so frequently that I need to use some sort of interrupt to catch them. And I thought the HSC would serve that function, but it hasn't.