Generic Ethernet Module and Data Size

IndianaCoder

I am using a SMC ex260, The guide shows you can use SINT or INT

2 byte Input
4 byte output

I don't have the hardware yet to test this, but I was wondering could I switch the data type to DINT and use

Input Size: 1
Output Size: 1

Then the last INT of the Input DINT would just be erroneous data?

The only reason I ask is typically I Alias Inputs / Outputs to tags so they match the naming on the electrical prints.
So the Valve Outputs if they are broken down into SINT's or INT's don't quite match because 1 Ethernet Valve can have up to 32 solenoids on it.
EthVlv101.0 - 31 (this is what I want)
I would have to make it something like:
EthVlv101.0 - 7
EthVlv102.0 - 7
etc. however I don't want to change the tag values mid manifold.

I know I can just use a copy command or something like that, however I like the ability to force the tag directly instead of searching for it, petty but it save me time.

I don't think you can. I think it'll throw an error at you about configuration.
Ken Roach and Drbitboy can probably confirm or deny though.

I also don't alias cause I hate having to redownload if they need changing, but you do you.