FTView SE Client login

cjjeeper

I am working at a remote site that has a FTView SE system that has been running for years...V9.

About an hour ago the operators called me over and said that all the SE Client shortcuts had changed to notepad icons from the FTView icon ..."for no reason". I don't know...

so I rebuilt the client file but when I run it I am getting this error

"Login in failure for application [SAUserServ.exe] on directory [Local]. The application was denied access."

I have rebooted everything in the system - there were com issues-

Now I can see and connect to FT Admin Console and see the server status, I am logged into FT Directory, I am logged into windows as the user that the operators always use. I have rebooted the client machine multiple times.

I have no idea what this message means and I cannot find it in the knowledge base on RA.

Any ideas?

what happened

I still don't know what happened but I had to:

Uninstall FactoryTalk services. Rename two RNAxxx folders. Re install FactoryTalk services and re patch it.

Repairing and just uninstalling did not work.