FT Historian ME with windows Server 2012 Configuration

rikelme

Hello,

I'm actually working with FactoryTalk Historian ME (1Gb), and I need to send the tags to my SQL database on the server PC (Running Server 2012). I'm not able to install FTHSE on windows 2012 by using the DVD (any of them), and I can't find any useful guide to know how to link the ME with my database. o_O

Does anyone knows a way to connect a FTHME module with a SQL database running on server 2012?? I would appreciate some help with that... (y)

Thank you!

Thanks for the quick answer. I've downloaded these files already, and the procedure seems working for me too.

I have some questions regarding the HistorianME utility. My objective is to Log a UDT (around 460 tags on one udt) as fast as I can log it (.5 secs) for debugging purposes. The PLC is always on communication with the PC on the network (the SQL Server and the HMI server). As far as I see, Historian ME don't seem something useful for doing this, more than avoiding high ethernet traffic. Anyway, I need to give it a try to see what we can do with this module.

Thanks again xCOMANDOx

Regards

Historian ME and Historian SE are 2 different things.

I'm not sure I'm understanding.

ME is a module that goes in your PLC rack and can do very fast data logging - much faster than SE.

SE is software - and can't achieve highspeed historization - if that's what you need, you need a module.

You CAN however use web interface on ME module to add in address and connection information (pathname) for the Historian SE under "Configure Historian --> Data Transfer" from the web.

I've had to use IE and Compatibility mode to hit web interface on ME Modules.

Thanks Again,
I'm using a Historian ME module on the PLC rack. My objective is to log a UDT (wich contains 460 tags) and transfer them to a database on the SQL server. As far as I know by using the FTHME, I need to configure tag compression and exception point by point, and I don't know how to transfer the data log to my current SQL database... I'm finishing the SE installing (it's working by the way!) and I will find out how to make the transfert.

Thank you, xCOMMANDOx