First time on Siemens S5 & Omron PLC, please advise

ckchew666 said:
Does anyone know what's the input & output type of IO at the Siemens S5-95U? It has 16 DI & 16 DO.
They are 'normal' 24VDC sinking inputs and 24VDC sourcing outputs.
There are also a number of interrupt and counter inputs on one D-sub connector, and some analog i/o on another D-sub connector.
The interrupt and counter inputs can also be used as normal inputs. So when you check an old 95U for where its i/o are used, be sure not to miss the special i/o.

JesperMP said:
They are 'normal' 24VDC sinking inputs and 24VDC sourcing outputs.
There are also a number of interrupt and counter inputs on one D-sub connector, and some analog i/o on another D-sub connector.
The interrupt and counter inputs can also be used as normal inputs. So when you check an old 95U for where its i/o are used, be sure not to miss the special i/o.

Jesper, thanks for ur hints! Do you have any idea where normally ppl use the interrupt input & counter input at?

ckchew666 said:
Hi,

Thx for ur info, the CP1H can support max. how many IO points?

Total of 320 I/O. Both the CP1H CPU and Expansion Modules have 40 I/O [24 Inputs and 16 Ouputs]. A maximum of 7 Expansion modules can be added. Therefore 320 I/O max. [192 IN and 128 OUT].
The expansion modules are available in smaller I/O counts.
If you need more than I/O [especially if your I/O is distributed i.e. not in main control enclosure] you can use the Compobus-S Expansion module that will increase your I/O count still further with remote Compobus I/O units.

http://oeiweb.omron.com/DocumentLibrary.asp

Enter CP1h on second line - Manual is W450-E1-02