FIFO function block in RSLOGIX5000

Udunit

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know of an easy way to program a FIFO in function block for RSLOGIX500. There appears to be no instruction for this. I'm sure I can put something to gether to make it function, but if someone has an easy fix this would help. The process is realitively simply. Filling 5 scales from 1 silo...in a nut shell.

Thanks

Which? RSLogix 5000 or 500? Your title says one while your text says the other.

But both appear to have the FFL (FIFO Load) and FFU (FIFO Unload) instructions.

Edit - I just noticed your 'Function Block' qualification in your original post. Sorry. I guess it's 'roll your own' time.

Last edited:
Could you make an Add-On Instruction, programmed in Ladder, containing the FFL/FFU as appropriate, and use the AOI in your FBD