FactoryTalk View Recipe Question

Udunit

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good morning all. I have an application for FactoryTalk Recipe Plus. In a nutshell, what happens is the operator will convey flour automatically to a blender. After this is completed, a number of manual ingredients will be added to the batch using a bag dump station. These will be dumped into the station while the flour is being conveyed. Once the flour is done, these will be sent to the blender (collectively). All of the above will be part of a recipe system which will include feed rates of the product, weights of the ingredients, blending times, etc. In the past what I've done with the manual ingredients is just look for a total weight after the major ingredient has been conveyed. If this weight is out of tolerance, we alarm QC to approve before the operator can continue. This customer wants to be able to enter the amount of each manual ingredient as it's added to the batch, compare it to the recipe then proceed. The system will log the actual weights vs recipe with a batch number for QC and data logging. The operator cannot edit the recipe, but can just enter the data as he weighs it out. I'm looking to see if anyone out there has done this and how they accomplished it. I figure there's no sense in reinventing the wheel if it's already been done and I can glean off of someones experience!

Cheers!

You could use FactoryTalk Recipe Plus, but it's not quite what you're asking here.
I think you want to use arrays in the controller, and then find a different way to save (log) that on the HMI.

The Recipe Plus lets an operator create new Data Sets (that's what you want to look up in help).
Ex. The ingredient list isn't changing, just the amount for each ingredient.
The operator could change the amount for each ingredient in the recipe and then save it.

If you did that, make sure the operators follow a naming standard for the data set AND include a string tag with the system date/time as one of the ingredients (to record the time created).

The problem there is that the PLC will not know what the new amounts are for each ingredient. They are only entered/saved into the Recipe system file.

It sounds like you want the PLC to know what the new amounts are, so it can adjust the QC weight test.